The Nkhanga Village Library
MARCH TO MAY 2007
All the money has been supplied by ZANOBA International.
The foot concrete was done requiring:
- The digging of the foundation was done at the cost of K300,000.00 ($75.94)
- Smooth clearing was done at the cost of K150,000.00 ($37.97)
- The clearing of the grass and big trees from the site where the library will be constructed was done at the cost of K270,000.00 – ($68.35)
- 20 bags of cement x K55,000 = K1,100,000.00 and hired light truck for transport at K330,000 from the Boma up to Nkhanga ($362.02).
- Brick force wire 3 rolls 9inch = K60,000.00 ($15.18)
River sand 100 wheel bars – used 10 Oxcarts at 10,000 each comes to K100,000.00 paid cash but balance remains. ($25.31)
- Crushed stones for 12 tones used 10 tons also 110 wheel bars at K400,000.00 and transportation K180,000.00 per trip. For 2 trips this came to K360,000.00 for two trips. Hired light truck for transport.($91.13)
- Foundation Box Requirements
Dambo building sand 20 tons is ready and in usage as well as K360,000 for transport for the two trips. In addition 8 tones by Oxcart at K100,000.00. ($116.45)
20 Bags of Cement has been bought at K55,000.00 each for a total of K1,100,000.00. ($278.48)
5 rolls of Brick Force wire at K20,000.00 each coming up to K100,000.00.($25.31)
20 more bags of cement is needed right now as well as 10 brick force wire.
- Other Equipment:
2 shovels at K45,000.00 each for a total of K90,000.00 ($22.78)
Building level for K65,000.00 ($16.45)
Building string for K25,000.00 ($6.32)
Building Knife for K40,000.00 ($10.12)
Cost of Mealie-Meal and Food estimate K150,000.00 ($37.97)